Conquer All Seasons
Winter Driving Experience
While Vancouver Island boasts some of the most stunning climates in Canada, British Columbia is no stranger to precipitation and the occasional snow fall during our winter months. Understanding that everyday drivers are frequently exposed to a range of weather conditions precipitation and occasional snow, this program is designed to give participants the confidence and expertise to navigate winter weather roads. Designed with a proactive approach in mind, this course is designed to offers drivers the skills and foresight to safe driving all year round. Curated for all experience levels, winter driving has never been so welcomed!Inquire Today
Your Session Includes
Everyone can drive in perfect weather conditions, but here's your chance to master the road and set yourself apart by enrolling in the Island Circuit Winter Sporting Program. Develop valuable skills in driving in adverse West Coast weather conditions. Build the confidence to overcome any challenges that may come your way this winter season.
- Seat Positioning: an in-depth look at correct seat position and proper in-vehicle adjustments for optimized driving.
- Skid-Control: understand car balance, how understeer and oversteer in wet and slippery conditions impact traction.
- Ideal cornering: proper corner entry and exit, including when to accelerate and when to brake.
- Accident Avoidance: safely avoiding obstacles such as pedestrians, other vehicles and wildlife.
- Field of Vision: how to judge and predict dangerous road situations.
- Ideal Driving: the correct approach on roadways to promote safe handling in corners, hills and multi-lane situations.
- Dynamic driving: slalom to feel car balance, understeer, and relationship of acceleration and braking to steering input.
A full-day experience from 9 am - 4 pm and orientation in your own vehicle. Lunch provided by our on-site Paddock Lounge.
Next Available Dates: Please contact us for details.
Price: Starting from $395 per vehicle*View Event Calendar
8:30 Arrive at the world-class Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit
Welcome followed by registration and a full facility tour
9:00 Safety briefing and curriculum overview
Theory includes: seating, steering, vision, skid control, and safety systems
Exercises include: slalom, ABS Braking, Winter Braking, 90° Corner, Understeer Circle, and Oversteer Circle
9:45 Driving program and exercises begins in Dynamic Zone
Divide group and focus on individual challenges and skills
12:00 Group lunch in Paddock Lounge
13:00 Brief regroup and curriculum review
Deeper dive into understeer and oversteer
13:15 Driving program continues
Focus on individual challenges and skills
16:30 Wrap-up and debrief
Review additional programs available Understeer Circle