Conquer All Seasons
Winter Driving Experience
Although situated in perhaps the most stunning climate in Canada, British Columbia is no stranger to precipitation and the occasional snow fall during our winter months. Understanding that everyday drivers are frequently exposed to precipitation and occasional snow, this program is designed to give participants the confidence to navigate winter weather roads. Designed with a pro-active approach, this course is designed to offer drivers the skills and foresight to safe driving all year round. Curated for all experience levels, winter driving has never been so welcomed!Inquire Today
Your Session Includes
Everyone can drive in perfect weather conditions, but here's your chance to master the road and set yourself apart by enrolling in the Island Circuit Winter Driving Experience. Develop valuable skills in driving in adverse West Coast weather conditions. Build the confidence to overcome any challenges that may come your way this winter season.
- Seat Positioning: an in-depth look at correct seat position and proper in-vehicle adjustments for optimized driving.
- Skid-Control: understand car balance, how understeer and oversteer in wet and slippery conditions impact traction.
- Ideal cornering: proper corner entry and exit, including when to accelerate and when to brake.
- Accident Avoidance: safely avoiding obstacles such as pedestrians, other vehicles and wildlife.
- Field of Vision: how to judge and predict dangerous road situations.
- Ideal Driving: the correct approach on roadways to promote safe handling in corners, hills and multi-lane situations.
- Dynamic driving: slalom to feel car balance, understeer, and relationship of acceleration and braking to steering input.
A full-day experience from 9 am - 4 pm and orientation in your own vehicle. Lunch provided by our on-site Paddock Lounge.
Next Available Dates:
- February 29, 2020
- March 7, 2020
- March 21, 2020
- April 6, 2020
- October 10, 2020
Price: Starting from $395 per vehicle*View Event Calendar
- Welcome followed by registration and a full facility tour
- Theory includes: seating, steering, vision, skid control, and safety systems
- Exercises include: slalom, ABS Braking, Winter Braking, 90° Corner, Understeer Circle, and Oversteer Circle
- Divide group and focus on individual challenges and skills
- Deeper dive into understeer and oversteer
- Focus on individual challenges and skills
- Review additional programs available Understeer Circle