Thank You All!
Ladies and gentlemen,
It gives us great pleasure to announce that the grand opening of the Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit was a huge success. On June 6, 2016, we cut the ceremonial red ribbon to what was, a once in a lifetime project. Guests joined us from all across Canada and some as far away as Germany, Mexico and the US to celebrate this momentous occasion. With over 400 invited friends, associates and celebrities from the entertainment and motorsport scene, the opening was full of surprises.
On track performances were led by Max Papis, former Formula 1, Champ Car, Nascar and sports car driver/race winner and Kevin Schwantz, former Motor GP World Champion. Local racing legend Pieter Baljet drove a few of his collectible race cars including a 1985 Lola CanAm Car that was formerly driven by Mario Andretti and Patrick Tambay. In addition to Papis, Schwantz and Baljet were Tim Brown, Tony Morris Jr and drift driver Brody Goble.
Our charity partner, The David Foster Foundation, brought star power in form of multi Grammy Award-Winner David Foster and Canadian TV icon Jim Treliving from the Dragon’s Den. Foster also brought American TV personalities Brody & Brandon Jenner and former American race car driver Danny Sullivan, who has earned 17 wins in the CART IndyCar World Series. We would like to sincerely thank Michael Ravenhill, John Danson and the team at The David Foster Foundation for bringing this special group to our grand opening.
The opening also presented our track designers, Tilke GmbH, with their first opportunity to inspect the final product of the Circuit. Peter Wahl, Managing Partner as well as Christian Epp, Director of the Americas passed inspection of the Circuit with flying colours.
The idea to build the Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit came to us only approximately 3 years ago and the construction began in the spring of 2015. Since then, some of the best construction companies and trades within the industry have come together to build this incredible facility. Thank you to everyone who helped in making this dream become reality.
We would like to extend our gratitude and thanks to:
- The Staff of GAIN for all your help, support and dedication to the success of this project from the beginning.
- Tilke GMBH, for designing a world class track facility and for giving us their expertise, experience and know how and credibility. All doors opened overnight when we announced that we were going to hire their services to design our track.
- SupErb Construction, for their immense effort and dedication as the General Contractor of the project. Chris and Marianne Erb, Brent Brownsell, Trevor and Joel are the driving force in this company and the results speak for themselves.
- Triple T Excavating under the leadership of Rick Tomlinson for everyone’s tireless efforts throughout the entire project.
- James E. Irwin Architects for the stunning design and the beautiful fit and finish of the Clubhouse.
- Amy McGeachy and McGeachy Interior Design, for the final interior design in the Clubhouse.
- Island Paving, for their record breaking paving performance and their willingness to learn how a Formula One grade facility should be paved.
- Rudi & Company for their continued support of not only this project but for everything we do as a whole. Rudi also so graciously leant us the amazing displays and artwork for the Grand Opening which were the talk of the day. Thank you Rudi and team for making this day and everyday so memorable for us.
- Russ Heinl for capturing the entire process of this project on film for us to cherish and look back on for many years to come.
- Zooropa Media Agency for documenting the entire project on video to allow us to show the progress of the Circuit after each milestone.
- All Metals Installations
- Apex Landscaping
- Avalon Mechanical
- C.H.F. Contracting Ltd.
- Corix Water Products
- Dan’s Precast
- Dodd’s Lumber & Building Supplies
- Driftwood Carpentry Inc.
- Duncan Paving
- Fantastic Cleaning
- Fine Floral Designs
- Gordon N’ Gordon Interiors
- Go Green Insulation
- Herold Engineering Ltd.
- HotEarth Energy Systems
- Island Concrete Finishing
- Island Floor Centre
- Island Overhead Doors
- James E. Irwin Architect Inc.
- J.E. Anderson & Associates
- Lewis Sheet Metal
- Martin Custom Builders
- Mazzei Electric
- McGregor & Thompson Hardware Ltd.
- Richmond Elevator
- Rutland Glass
- Ryzuk Geotechnical
- Scho’s Line Painting
- Sneddon Masonry
- Surespan Ready Mix & Surespan Structures
- Tower Fence Products Ltd.
- Top Line Roofing Ltd.
- Triple T Excavating
- Triumph Engineering
- Tyler Mechanical
- Viking Reinforcing
- Wescor Thermal
- E & K Painting Ltd.
The newest and many have called it the prettiest race track in the world is born and we are proud to bring this facility to members from Vancouver Island, Canada, the US and from as far away as Europe and Asia. The Cowichan Valley and Vancouver Island will never be the same again in the eyes of Motorsport and Performance car drivers and we look forward to see many of them discover this beautiful island and all it has to offer.
In a few short months, the Villa Eyrie Resort will join the Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit and complete this one of a kind collaboration of a world-class track facility with a world-class resort supported by a strong automotive dealer group that has access to all European performance brands.
Our one-point concierge service will allow guests to book their driving session, culinary experience, spa services, facilitate the storage of their track cars and their ongoing track ready service and any other available attraction or activity on Vancouver Island with one simple call.
Ladies and gentleman, the Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit will officially open its doors to members on June 21, 2016. Until then, we will be hosting driving events for each of the dealerships and the brands we represent to allow our customers the first chance to see the completed facilities and drive on our Tilke Designed track.
Thank you all once again and we look forward to seeing you out there. We hope you will enjoy the selection of images from the event below. To view the complete gallery, please visit our Circuit gallery here. Be sure to check back in the next few weeks as we are still processing all the images from this incredible day.
Sylvester Chuang & Peter Trzewik